We are proud to announce that BCAEM and the Ministry of Emergency Management and Climate Readiness (EMCR) are launching a new initiative aimed at engaging with Emergency Management Practitioners.
▪ Leveraging the Association as a platform to facilitate information sharing and foster discussion about the upcoming Disaster and Emergency Management legislative modernization efforts
▪ Initiating a community of sharing and learning
▪ Ensuring a common understanding of policy intent for Emergency Management and intersectional influences
▪ BCAEM hosts 6 free sessions facilitated by EMCR and 2 Reflection session
▪ BCAEM provides a report to EMCR and the public summarizing Findings and Recommendations
▪ Multiple ways to engage and share feedback
▪ July 5, 2023 from 6:30 - 7:30 pm Overview
▪ July 6, 2023 from 9:00-10:00 am Overview
▪ July 10, 2023 from 6:30 - 8:00 pm Reflection Session
▪ July 12, 2023 from 2:00 - 3:00 pm Theme: Response & Recovery
▪ July 26, 2023 from 10:00 -11:00 am Theme: Planning & Risk Assessment
▪ Aug 9, 2023 from 2:00-3:00 pm Theme: Agreements & Collaboration
▪ Aug 23, 2023 from 10:00 -11:00 am Theme: Consultation & Cooperation
▪ Aug 28 , 2023 from 6:30 - 8:00 pm Reflection Session
Registration: The sessions are open to Members and Non-members alike. If you have an interest in learning more about the policy intent driving the legislative modernization, we invite you to register using the link below. A new registration link will be provided for each session.
Email: Outreach@bcaem.ca if you have any questions.
We are excited to be collaborating with EMCR. The webinar series above will set a foundation of understanding for the second phase of this initiative being launched in the Fall, which will focus on the Local Authority Emergency Management Regulation (LAEMR).