British Columbia Association Of Emergency Managers Forums Requests for Information Community and EOC mass notification systems

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Bill Elsner 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Bill Elsner
    Participant

The SCRD may be looking into a Canadian based notification service to make us compliant with our responsibilities under the Local Authority Emergency Management Regulations.
    What system do you use?
    Are you happy with it?
    Approximate cost?
    Do you use one system for SAR/ESS/EOC and public notification?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill Elsner

Hi Bill,

We use a system called Autodial Valet – http://www.autodialvalet.com/.

We chose it because it was local (Chemainus), supports smaller local business, the price was right and it kept us in charge of our emergency notification system rather than handing it off to a third party. The vendor has also been extremely helpful and willing to customize the software for our needs.

That said, it is a bit cumbersome to wait for the public to sign themselves up and so we are looking at importing phone book information as that is publicly available.

We use it for ESS, ECO and public notification. SAR uses their own system.

Happy to chat anytime!

Have a great day!
    Sybille Sanderson

Warren Smith
    Participant

The CRTC is in the process of implementing a nation wide mass notification system through phone service providers. All providers with be mandated to implement this service at no cost to the client. No details as of yet. Role out is April 2018 the last I heard.

Anita de Dreu
    Participant

Hi Bill, I just noticed your post – are you still looking for information about notification systems in use? You can email me directly if you wish: adedreu@rdffg.bc.ca
    Cheers,
    Anita

Greg Kanya
    Participant

Good morning Bill. The City of Coquitlam uses Rocket Connect. WE only use it for Emergency EOC staff notification, but it has application for mass notification as well. Coquitlam SAR alsoo use the same system for call out of its members. Give me a shout if you want to discussion.

Greg Kanya

Bill Elsner
    Participant

Thanks for all the replies. It is appreciated.

Bill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.